Those who wish to visit Sri Lanka for business purposes should obtain a business visa before leaving for Sri Lanka, irrespective the length of their stay.
Document required for Business Visas:
1. A letter issued by the applicant’s employer detailing the reasons for the visit
2. A sponsor/invitation letter from the business contact in Sri Lanka
3. Duly completed and signed visa application. (click here to download the Visa Application)
Please clearly write applicant's name, address and telephone number
4. One recent passport-size colour photo
5. Valid passport with at least one unused visa page. The passport should be valid for at least
six months from the date of entry into Sri Lanka
6. Applicants, who are not Swiss passport holders should produce a valid Residence Permit
7. A copy of the air ticket
8. A self-addressed envelope with sufficient postage (CHF 7.00) for the Mission to return
the passport through registered mail
Single entry business visa up to 3 months costs CHF 55.00 for Swiss passport holders. Please note that visa fee is payable in Swiss Francs only. Consulate of Sri Lanka will not accept any other foreign currencies. If you are not a Swiss citizen, please ascertain the visa fee applicable to your nationality by calling the Consulate / Visa Section via phone No 022 919 1250.
When submitting a visa application personally by hand, visa fee must be paid at the counter of the Mission. When a visa application is sent by post, the applicable visa fee has to be paid to the Mission’s bank account, whose details are given below, and enclose a copy of the bank payment receipt.
Name of the Bank: Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS)
Bank Account No. 240.256121.30A
Account Name: Consulate General of Sri Lanka in Geneva
IBAN: CH 350024024025612130A
Clearing No. 240
Please send your duly completed visa applications to the following address:
Consulate General of Sri Lanka,
56, Rue de Moillebeau,
P.O. Box 436,
1211 Geneva 19.