Remarks to Media by Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera following discussions with US Asst. Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs Nisha Biswal & US Asst. Secretary of State for Democracy, Human Rights and Labour Tom MalinowskiMinistry of...
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mangala Samaraweera, leader of the Sri Lanka delegation, addressed the 32nd Session of the UN Human Rights Council at the presentation of the Oral Update on the...
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Mangala Samaraweera, met UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Ra’ad Al Hussein at the Palais Wilson in Geneva on 29 June 2016.
Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hon Wijeyadasa Rajapakshe, Minister of Justice and Buddha Sasana, Mr. Mano Tittawella, Secretary General Secretariat for Coordinating...
Delivering the keynote address at a Briefing Session organized by the Standard and Trade Development Facility (STDF) Division of WTO held on 21st June 2016 to share Sri Lanka’s experience on the...
• Statement by Her Excellency Mrs. Kshenuka Senewiratne, Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka to the UN, Geneva, to the statement of the High Commissioner for Human Rights Navanethem Pillay on 30 May 2011
• Statement By Hon. Mohan Pieris, Attorney-General of Sri Lanka during the Interactive Dialogue on the Report of the Special Rapporteur on extrajudicial, summary or arbitrary executions, Christof Heyns, 31 May 2011
• Statement by Hon. Mahinda Samarasinghe, M.P., Minister of Plantation Industries, Special Envoy of His Excellency the President on human rights, and Head of Sri Lanka delegation at the 17th Session of the United Nations Human Rights Council, 30 May 2011
• Statement under Item 3 - Interactive Dialogues – the Special Rapporteur on the human rights of migrants , 31 May 2011
• Statement by A.H.M.D. Nawaz, Deputy Solicitor General, Sri Lanka during the interactive dialogue with the Independent Expert on Human Rights and Extreme Poverty, 1st June 2011
• Statement by A.H.M.D. Nawaz Deputy Solicitor General, Sri Lanka during the interactive dialogue with the Special Rapporteur on Trafficking in Persons, especially Women and Children, 1 June 2011
• Statement delivered by Mr. Sugeeshwara Gunaratne, Sri Lanka delegation at the Interactive Debate on the Report of the Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women, its causes and consequences on 03 June 2011
• Statement by the delegation of Sri Lanka during the ANNUAL FULL-DAY DISCUSSION ON WOMEN’s HUMAN RIGHTS, 10 June 2011
• Statement of the delegation of Sri Lanka during the general debate on agenda Item 7 of the Human Rights Council: human rights situation in Palestine and other occupied Arab territories, 17th Session of the HRC, 14 June 2011
• Right of Reply by Sri Lanka on 15 June 2011