Remarks to the Media by Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Foreign Affairs following talks with H.E. Ambassador Samantha Powers, Permanent Representative of the USA to the United Nations Ministry of Foreign Affairs. 21st November 2015 Good evening ladies...
Lecture by Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, MP Minister of Foreign Affairs of Sri Lanka on Politics and Development in Sri Lanka Institute of South Asian Studies, National University of Singapore 12 November 2015 It is a pleasure for me to join you here today, to speak...
Sri Lanka has said it “wishes to see the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW) move beyond, where a dialogue among States would be at the center of any future discussion on Lethal...
Sri Lanka's Ambassador to the UN in Geneva Ravinatha Aryasinha, presided over the Meeting of the High Contracting Parties to the Convention on Certain Conventional Weapons (CCW) which opened on 12th...
Colombo, Sri Lanka – A two-day Senior Officials’ Meeting of the Colombo Process (CP) held in Colombo, Sri Lanka on 4-5 November 2015 has resulted in far reaching concrete decisions and...
Initiatives for migrants from the Asian region taken under Sri Lanka's Chairmanship of the Colombo Process (CP) was commended at the Fifth Global Meeting of Chairs and Secretaries of Regional...
Ambassador & Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka
to the World Trade Organisation
• Master of Business Leadership (MBL): University of South Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1999-2002.
• Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), 1st Class: University of Sri Jayawardenepura, Sri Lanka, 1979-1983, Colombo, Sri Lanka. The Highest achievement of the Faculty of Management
• Certificate in Management: John Cabot University, Rome, Italy, 06th November 2005- 23rd May 2006, Rome, Italy.
Other Professional Achievements
• Diploma in WTO Regional Trade Policy Course – 18th May to 7th August 2009, at National University of Singapore.
• Master Class on EU Export Promotion for Economic Diplomats – 29th October to 2nd November 2012, The Hague, the Netherlands, CBI
• WTO/ESCAP Advanced Regional Seminar on the GATS - 4-7 May 2009, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia by WTO/UN ESCAP
• Proliferation Awareness Workshop - 17-18 December 2008, in Croatia by National Nuclear Security Administration, USA.
• 10th Asia-Pacific Regional Public International Trade Law - 7-28 November 2010, Sydney, Australia by The International Development Law Organization (IDLO)
• European Commission, In House Training Programme - 21 January to 20th February 1987, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
• Japan International Cooperation Agency (JAICA) Trade Promotion Programme, 25th May 1992 to 02nd July 1992, Tokyo, Japan.
• Certificate Course on Computer Studies, November 1997, Oracle Education Services Center, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
• Computer Training Programme on E-Commerce for SME Development & Marketing by Colombo Plan Secretariat, in New Delhi, India.
• Certificate programme of French Language, by Counseil des E`coles Catholiques, Ottawa, Canada.
• The Distinguished Thesis Award presented by World Trade Center of Japan, 02 July 1992.
Joined the Department of Commerce, the focal point of WTO in Sri Lanka, as an Assistant Director of Commerce on 15.11.1985 and completed almost 30 years of service. Held the position of Director General of Commerce of the Department of Commerce since 03.10.2013 until the assumption of duties as Ambassador & Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka to the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Switzerland on 1st June 2015.