Participating at the Our Ocean Conference 2016, at the invitation of the US Secretary of State John Kerry, Foreign Minister Mangala Samaraweera, on 15 September, outlined several commitments by Sri Lanka to protect oceans around Sri Lanka and beyond. The...
The Government of the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka condemns the nuclear test carried out by the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea (DPRK) on 9th September 2016. Sri Lanka notes with concern that this is the second such test to be carried...
Consideration of the Second Periodic Report of Sri Lanka under the Committee on Migrant Workers (CMW) took place at the 25th Session of the Committee on Migrant Workers, held at the Palais Wilson...
The Fifth Ministerial Consultations of the Colombo Process (CP) has decided to explore cooperation in the operationalization of the migration related goals in the SDGs, work towards promoting the...
Sri Lanka's Permanent Representative to the UN in Geneva and Chair of the Geneva-based Colombo Process Member States Ambassador Ravinatha Aryasinha presenting a report of the Fourth Senior...
For the first time, two Sri Lankan undergraduate students participated in the 2016 Summer Student Programme at the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN) in Geneva, the most prominent...
Ambassador & Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka
to the World Trade Organisation
• Master of Business Leadership (MBL): University of South Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1999-2002.
• Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), 1st Class: University of Sri Jayawardenepura, Sri Lanka, 1979-1983, Colombo, Sri Lanka. The Highest achievement of the Faculty of Management
• Certificate in Management: John Cabot University, Rome, Italy, 06th November 2005- 23rd May 2006, Rome, Italy.
Other Professional Achievements
• Diploma in WTO Regional Trade Policy Course – 18th May to 7th August 2009, at National University of Singapore.
• Master Class on EU Export Promotion for Economic Diplomats – 29th October to 2nd November 2012, The Hague, the Netherlands, CBI
• WTO/ESCAP Advanced Regional Seminar on the GATS - 4-7 May 2009, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia by WTO/UN ESCAP
• Proliferation Awareness Workshop - 17-18 December 2008, in Croatia by National Nuclear Security Administration, USA.
• 10th Asia-Pacific Regional Public International Trade Law - 7-28 November 2010, Sydney, Australia by The International Development Law Organization (IDLO)
• European Commission, In House Training Programme - 21 January to 20th February 1987, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
• Japan International Cooperation Agency (JAICA) Trade Promotion Programme, 25th May 1992 to 02nd July 1992, Tokyo, Japan.
• Certificate Course on Computer Studies, November 1997, Oracle Education Services Center, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
• Computer Training Programme on E-Commerce for SME Development & Marketing by Colombo Plan Secretariat, in New Delhi, India.
• Certificate programme of French Language, by Counseil des E`coles Catholiques, Ottawa, Canada.
• The Distinguished Thesis Award presented by World Trade Center of Japan, 02 July 1992.
Joined the Department of Commerce, the focal point of WTO in Sri Lanka, as an Assistant Director of Commerce on 15.11.1985 and completed almost 30 years of service. Held the position of Director General of Commerce of the Department of Commerce since 03.10.2013 until the assumption of duties as Ambassador & Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka to the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Switzerland on 1st June 2015.