The Government of Sri Lanka extends its appreciation to all the countries that extended support to Sri Lanka in the UN Human Rights Council yesterday, 23 March 2017, for the adoption of Resolution A/HRC/34/1 titled ‘Promoting reconciliation, accountability and human...
At the Annual “Clearing the Path” Gala 2016 organized by The Marshall Legacy Institute (MLI) of Washington D.C., Mine Detection Dog (MDD) Alvin and its handler Lance Corporal Nawarathne of the Sri Lanka Army Engineers Humanitarian Demining Unit, were...
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dr. Harsha De Silva, MP, addressed the 34th Session of the UN Human Rights Council today (23 March 2017) as the country concerned, during the adoption of the...
Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs, Dr. Harsha De Silva, MP, addressed the 34th Session of the UN Human Rights Council following the presentation of the Report of the Office of the United Nations...
Ambassador Ravinatha Aryasinha, Sri Lanka's Permanent Representative to the UN in Geneva delivered the Statement on behalf of the Government of Sri Lanka as the country concerned during the...
Hon. Mangala Samaraweera, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hon. Jayampathy Wickramaratne, MP, President's Counsel (PC), Mr. Mano Tittawella, Secretary General Secretariat for Coordinating...
Ambassador & Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka
to the World Trade Organisation
• Master of Business Leadership (MBL): University of South Africa, Johannesburg, South Africa, 1999-2002.
• Bachelor of Commerce (Hons), 1st Class: University of Sri Jayawardenepura, Sri Lanka, 1979-1983, Colombo, Sri Lanka. The Highest achievement of the Faculty of Management
• Certificate in Management: John Cabot University, Rome, Italy, 06th November 2005- 23rd May 2006, Rome, Italy.
Other Professional Achievements
• Diploma in WTO Regional Trade Policy Course – 18th May to 7th August 2009, at National University of Singapore.
• Master Class on EU Export Promotion for Economic Diplomats – 29th October to 2nd November 2012, The Hague, the Netherlands, CBI
• WTO/ESCAP Advanced Regional Seminar on the GATS - 4-7 May 2009, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia by WTO/UN ESCAP
• Proliferation Awareness Workshop - 17-18 December 2008, in Croatia by National Nuclear Security Administration, USA.
• 10th Asia-Pacific Regional Public International Trade Law - 7-28 November 2010, Sydney, Australia by The International Development Law Organization (IDLO)
• European Commission, In House Training Programme - 21 January to 20th February 1987, European Commission, Brussels, Belgium.
• Japan International Cooperation Agency (JAICA) Trade Promotion Programme, 25th May 1992 to 02nd July 1992, Tokyo, Japan.
• Certificate Course on Computer Studies, November 1997, Oracle Education Services Center, Colombo, Sri Lanka.
• Computer Training Programme on E-Commerce for SME Development & Marketing by Colombo Plan Secretariat, in New Delhi, India.
• Certificate programme of French Language, by Counseil des E`coles Catholiques, Ottawa, Canada.
• The Distinguished Thesis Award presented by World Trade Center of Japan, 02 July 1992.
Joined the Department of Commerce, the focal point of WTO in Sri Lanka, as an Assistant Director of Commerce on 15.11.1985 and completed almost 30 years of service. Held the position of Director General of Commerce of the Department of Commerce since 03.10.2013 until the assumption of duties as Ambassador & Permanent Representative of Sri Lanka to the World Trade Organization in Geneva, Switzerland on 1st June 2015.